Turn Facebook Lead Ads to Phone Calls with TrackDrive
Facebook lead ads are an ad format that let your potential customers sign up for what you’re offering without leaving Facebook. When they click on your ad, they simply tap on a pop-up form prefilled with the data you want (and that they share with Facebook) and you’ll get those contact info to follow up with them.
In this article, we will be showing you how to convert Facebook lead ad forms into phone calls with TrackDrive’s lead Scheduler – an absolute game changer.
Create Your Schedule on TrackDrive
The first thing you need to do is create your schedule on TrackDrive. To learn more on how to create a lead schedule on TrackDrive, watch this video that covers the lead scheduler feature in depth. Watch it here
Create a Facebook Lead Ad Campaign
- Go to your Ads Manager.
In Ads Manager: Click + Create the top left.
- Select the Lead Generation objective.
In the Page section, choose the Page you’d like to use to create lead ads. Click View Terms. Review the Lead Ad Terms of Service and select I Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Set your Audience, Placements and Budget & Schedule. Unlike other campaign types, you cannot target lead ads to people under the age of 18.
- Once you’ve completed the last step, click Continue.
- Choose an Ad Name and under Identity select your Page and attach your Instagram account, if applicable.
- Select an Ad Format, then add images or a video to your ad. Fill in your ad’s Headline, Text and add a Call To Action button.
- Click Show Advanced Options to add a Facebook pixel if you have one.
- In the Lead Form section, you can click + New Form to create a new lead form.
Alternatively, you can select a form you’ve already created and choose Duplicate to modify the form to add the appointment booking preference question.
OR you can select a draft of a lead form you’ve previously saved and click Edit to continue editing the form to add the appointment booking preferences question.
If you are continuing with a new form, where it says Untitled form at the top, give your lead form a name.
Under the Content tab, click the Intro (Optional) section and toggle the button on to add an introduction screen to your lead ad.
Tip: Preview your lead ad throughout the creation process in the right-hand pane.
- Next click Questions. Add a custom Headline (optional).
Under What information would you like to ask for?, you’ll see Email and Full name are already checked for user information options. You can click Show more options if you want to ask for more info.
Under Custom Question (Optional) click + Add Custom Question.
Note: You can add up to 15 custom questions. Learn more.
- If you’re modifying an existing lead form, you can click Finish at the top-right corner to finish adding the appointment booking question. If you’re in the process of creating a new lead form, you can click Saveand continue the steps below to complete your lead ad.
Click Thank You Screen, where you can add a custom screen to help keep your leads engaged after they submit their form.
Note: The text limit is 60 characters in the Description body and 30 characters, each, for the Headline and Button Text fields.
- Click the arrows at the bottom of your Form Preview and make sure your complete form looks the way you want it to.
- Click Finish to complete your form. Alternatively, you can click Save if you think you’ll want to make changes later or didn’t finish completing your form.
Create an Account on Zapier
Zapier is the glue that connects Facebook lead ads to TrackDrive – allowing you to pledge your leads from Facebook into TrackDrive’s lead scheduler. This is how we turn form fills into phone calls.
- Create an account on Zapier
- Click on the “Make a Zap” button
- Select “Facebook Lead Ads” from the search box
- Sign into your Facebook account
- Select the ad account and lead ad form
- Select the Webhooks by Zapier from the search box
- Click on the ‘Post’ option
- Enter in your offers Webhook URL which you can find on TrackDrive
- Scroll to the bottom and click continue
- Click on finish
- You are ready to go!